Spring Election - April 5, 2022
Due to the recent court decision regarding absentee ballot drop boxes, voters are no longer allowed to return their absentee ballots via the use of drop boxes. Ballots returned via a drop box will not be counted. Here is how you can return your absentee ballots.
The 2022 Spring Election will consist of City of Columbus aldermanic offices for districts 1, 2, 3, the City of Columbus Stormwater referendum, Columbus School Board, Court of Appeals Judge, and County Supervisor.
Due to the 2020 Census and the resulting re-districting, local wards and districts have been updated, along with county supervisory districts. Voters are urged to check their ward assignment before arriving at the polls to vote or before requesting an absentee ballot.
Voters can check their ward assignment by accessing MyVote.wi.gov, click on My Voter Info, enter your name & date of birth. The ward number will appear in the middle of the page:
An updated ward/aldermanic district map approved in October 2021 and can be viewed here.
The updated County Supervisory District map that was approved in October 2021 and can be viewed here.
April 5, 2022 Spring Election Sample Ballots by Ward:
- Sample Ballot: Wards 1,2 Aldermanic District #1, County Supervisory District #21
- Sample Ballot: Ward 3 Aldermanic District #3, County Supervisory District #21
- Sample Ballot: Ward 4 Aldermanic District #3, County Supervisory District #22
- Sample Ballot: Wards 5,6 Aldermanic District #2, County Supervisory District #22
- Sample Ballot: Ward 7 Aldermanic District #2, County Supervisory District #20
- Sample Ballot: Ward 8 Aldermanic District #1, County Supervisory District #20
- Sample Ballot: Ward 10 Aldermanic District #3, County Supervisory District #20
Register to vote - provide proof of residence
- Beginning March 17, all voters must register in the Clerk's Office.
Absentee ballots may be requested through MyVote until March 31, 2022. After this deadline, all absentee voting takes place in the Clerk's Office.
Hours for in-person absentee voting for the April 5, 2022 Spring Election:
- Tuesday & Thursday March 22, 24, 29, 31
- 1:00-4:30 pm City Hall
- Friday, April 1
- 1:00 – 5:00 pm City Hall
Absentee Ballots can be requested from the Clerk's Office no later than Thursday before election day:
- Email request: including your name, address & photo ID to email@example.com
- Download the Absentee Ballot Application and mail with acceptable photo ID to:
- City of Columbus
- 105 N Dickason Blvd
- Columbus WI 53925
Please direct all election related questions to 920-623-5900.