On behalf of the City of Columbus, I am honored to extend sincere greetings to those visiting the City that we call home.
With a population of 5,000, we are surrounded with lush farm fields and bordered by the Crawfish River. The intersection of five connecting state highways provides our residents convenient access to college and career opportunities within a short commute of home.
Our location in south central Wisconsin along with Amtrak passenger rail service attract tourists looking to explore the heritage and architecture of our historic downtown, the Governor James Lewis House, the Jewel Box Bank, designed by Louis Sullivan, or one of the many historically recognized homes.
Our parks system provides a scenic backdrop for children and families, sporting events and community celebrations in every season. Our Aquatic Center, top rated hospital and outstanding school district all reflect the high quality of life we enjoy in a growing, diverse, safe and progressive community.
The City has many boards, committees and commissions that fit almost any interest or skill set, and are in need of motivated people like you to help them decide how their budgets are spent.
Click here to fill out the form and let Mayor Michael Thom know you are interested in serving.
2020 CITIZEN APPOINTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR COLUMBUS RESIDENTS
- BOARD OF REVIEW - 1 vacancy
- COLUMBUS AREA AQUATIC CENTER ADVISORY BOARD - 1 vacancy
- COLUMBUS CABLE COMMISSION - (2) vacancy
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY - (3) vacancy
- JOINT REVIEW BOARD - 1 community member at large, appointment confirmed by joint review board
- PARKS & RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD - vacancy
- PLAN COMMISSION - vacancy
- SENIOR CITIZENS ADVISORY BOARD - vacancy
- TOURISM COMMISSION - vacancy
- ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS - vacancy