Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT submit this plan prior to obtaining approval from the City of Columbus. If not already accomplished, please call 920-623-5900 to start the approval process. This form will be void if submitted prior to approval.
This form should be used in any event held within the City of Columbus city limits that is open to the public to attend and expects to host 200 or more people.
1) An Event Host or designee shall be on site during the event.
2) The Event Host has the overall authority and direction of the event. It is the responsibility of the Event Host to have a plan of action should a situation arise where inclement weather or another emergency happens.
3) In situations of inclement weather or other forms of emergencies, the Event Host may consult with Columbus Emergency Management (920) 350-5818 or Columbus Police Department (920) 623-5919.
4) Any announcement in regards to storm warnings or evacuation remains the responsibility of the Event Host. Columbus Fire/Police may assist in making an announcement by using the public announcement system from an emergency vehicle, if available.
The event host recognizes there are no designated tornado shelters within any Columbus parks. If patrons need to seek shelter from weather, patrons may either go to a shelter (if available) or evacuate the area. The following are shelters designated by Event Host to instruct patrons to utilize.
The communication methods to broadcast emergency situations impacting the event include:
Any event having high risk activities or expect high attendance are encouraged to have a first aid station with qualified providers on the event grounds.
1) If a visitor reports a child is missing or child is lost, a member of event staff will report event to the Columbus Police Department at (920) 623-5919 describing the child's physical features and clothing.
2) All entrances/exits to the event will be monitored for anyone matching the child's description until child is located.
Attach a map of the event. Include on map Event Administrative Locations, On-Site Emergency Response Resources, Critical Systems Control Locations, Structures (tents, stages, fencing), Designated Parking Area, and Fencing/Entry Control Point for Alcohol Area
Any questions, please direct to Columbus Emergency Management at (920) 350-5818 or Columbus Recreation at (920) 623-5936.
By inputting your name in this field, you hereby understand that you are responsible for your event and emergency procedures associated with the event. In the situation, where an emergency event occurs, you agree to meet with City of Columbus officials within one week of emergency to conduct an After Action Report. Also, inputting your name into the field, you understand that the City of Columbus does not accept any liability from any emergency that occurs during this event.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field